This child- and family-friendly all-inclusive hotel occupies extensive grounds in beautiful Upper Styria.Located in the heart of the Mürzer Oberland Nature Reserve, Kinderhotel Appelhof is about 75 miles from both Vienna and Graz.This renovated former farmhouse features spacious “fairy tale apartments” with separate bedrooms for parents (with four-poster bed) and children (with motifs from fairy tales).At the Appelhof all meals and drinks are included in the price. Rich buffets are served for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Baby food is also available.The “Märchenburg” (fairy tale castle) is a 10,000 ft² indoor playground on 2 levels. The outdoor playground is an amazing 20 acres in size, which is bigger than 12 soccer fields. There you will find a pony ranch, a petting zoo (goats, bunnies, small cows, llamas, owls), a trampoline facility, a pirate ship, a big sandbox, a bouncing castle, go-carts, electric cars, a climbing wall, and much more.The children’s club provides professional child and baby daycare every day between 9 am and 7 pm. A varied entertainment program (children’s club , game evenings, crafts, etc.) is also offered.Many activities are offered for children and adults alike, including river crossings, rappelling, climbing, bouldering, campfires with barbecue, building an igloo in winter, hikes, etc. Bicycles are also available (free of charge for children, at a small fee for adults).In winter an easy ski slope and a mini ski school are available. Ski equipment for children is included in the price. There is also a ski rental (also for cross-country skis and skates). Sleds can be rented free of charge.Baby monitors, strollers, back carriers, bottle warmers, baby bathtubs etc. are available for the youngest guests.After an eventful day you can relax in the pool area, featuring a baby pool, an indoor and an outdoor pool, or in Kinderhotel Appelhof’s spa area.
- The staff is very friendly. The buffet has a good spread for all 3 meals. Good indoor/ outdoor activities.
- The children loved the environment. Lots of snow sports for all ages. When they got cold, they could play in the castle. It was nice to have two rooms, and convenient meals.
- Great location, beatiful surroundings, excellent restaurant, great outdoor play area
- Good location for nature lovers. And for families with small kids below 7.
- Buffet sehr ausgiebig und abwechslungsreich. Kinderclub sehr frsorglich und bemht. Viele Attraktionen fr die Kinder.
Located directly at the slopes of the Niederalpl Ski Area and at the pilgrimage route to Mariazell, Holzbox Niederalpl offers modern and functionally furnished apartments. A restaurant, a ski rental and a small shop can be found on site. Free WiFi is available in all public areas.Fitted with large windows and solid wooden furnishings, the apartments come with 2 bedrooms, a living area with a kitchenette, a dining area and a flat-screen satellite TV, a bathroom with sower, and a separate toilet. Mountain views are provided.After a day on the slopes, guests of the Holzbox Niederalpl can relax on the terrace with sun loungers and shades, while children can play in the games room. Breakfast and half board are available on request and at a surcharge, and the next supermarket is 9.3 mi away in the center of Neuberg.Activities that can be enjoyed in the immediate vicinity of the property include skiing or sledding in winter, and cycling, hiking, climbing, rafting or paragliding in summer. The Erlaufsee, a public swimming lake, is a 15-minute drive away.A ski storage room with a ski boot dryer and a bike storage room are also at guest’s disposal. Guests of the Holzbox Niederalpl furthermore receive a discount on ski passes which can be bought on site. The property offers free parking.
- The appartement is next to the cable car, you can just take on your ski and go for a ride
- Best for family like were 2 adults and 24 childrens, directly on slope. Simple and good design of apartments
- We were two families 4 adults and 7 children and this accommodation was perfect for us. The apartment was clean and perfectly suited our needs. The location on the slopes was fantastic for the older kids who went skiing and the smaller kids who could walk out from the indoor playroom to play outside in the snow. The owner Wolfgang was very friendly and accommodating.
- Excellent location for familiesThe appartment is spacious and clean, appreciated the playroom right next to the ski room and the restaurant
- Plyaszlls, kirndulsi lehetsgekkel. Szeretnk ide jnni. BPhez viszonylag kzel van, mindannyian tallunk magunknak plyt, kirndulni sem lehetetlen s kedves a szemlyzet.
JUFA Hotel Sigmundsberg
JUFA Hotel Sigmundsberg is located 1.9 mi from Mariazell and offers a large indoor pool, bowling alleys, a toboggan run, and a large garden with a terrace. A breakfast buffet and free parking are available.A public bus stop is 650 feet from the JUFA Sigmundsberg.Several cable cars and ski elevator leading into the Gemeindealpe ski and hiking area can be found in the immediate vicinity.
- Great place to stay. Clean and comfy room, great breaky, friendly and helpful staff. As the Terminator would say Ill be back.
- Lots of Entertainment for kids but also grownups, very quiet setting
- Very very kidsdogs friendly hotel with family atmosphere. Despite the fact we do not come with children, we really enjoyed our stay by playing board games, especially Trivial Pursuit The 1980s in German was very funny Staff was very kind and friendly with good english which is for us highly important thing and jagasaft was delicious Wellnes was okay matched the photos and description. And last but not least so beautiful surroundings.
- The garden and location. The staff were really friendly. Even after a misunderstanding about dinner on the night we arrived, when the kitchen staff werent happy that they had to wait an extra 10 minutes to clear the buffet, they were very nice about it once the lovely lady on reception explained we had driven for 45 hours from home with 2 dogs!The room was spacious.Lots of useful local information.
- Very welcome staff. Clean rooms. Exceptional breakfast.
Hotel zum Kirchenwirt
With a private chapel, Hotel zum Kirchenwirt enjoys a central location in Mariazell, 150 feet from the Basilika and 1,150 feet from the Bürgeralpe Ski Area. The restaurant serves local and international cuisine as well as vegetarian dishes.Guests can enjoy the view of the mountain landscape from the sauna or delight in the sight of the Basilica from the rooftop terrace. Bicycle and ski storage is also provided at the Kirchenwirt. Free WiFi access is available in all hotel rooms, in the restaurant, in the sauna and in the seminar room.The rooms feature a satellite TV and a private bathroom with a hairdryer. All rooms are accessible by an elevator.A public parking space is 1,500 feet from the hotel.
- It was perfect the room was very clean, nice and with beautiful view! The staff was very friendly and helpful! Breakfast was also excellent and the hotel is located in the center of Mariazell! We will be happy to go there once again!
- Good breakfastBig roomnice view clean comfortable bed
- Mariazell is a very nice small alpine town. The hotel zum Kirchenwirt is a fine small hotel nearby fascinating basilica with a calm atmosphere. Staying here will bring you peace and pleasant rest.
- Breakfast was GoodThe living room communal space in the hotel is niceSpa area was enough to relax
- Good breakfast, a little varied for example, there were no sausages or scrambled eggs. The coffee was delicious. Varied, fresh and crisp bread. Very good dinners always with a delicious dessert. Liked the sauna and rest room. Everywhere very clean and a friendly staff always ready to help.
Hotel zum Heiligen Geist
One of our best sellers in Mariazell! Hotel zum Heiligen Geist is located in the center of Mariazell, just 100 feet from the Bürgeralpe Cable Car and 1,650 feet from the Basilica. Free WiFi is available.Rooms at the Heiligen Geist Hotel are decorated with Italian luxury furniture and feature a seating area, beds with Hästens mattresses, a 3D HD plasma TV with German and English channels, a Blu-ray player, and a bathroom with a spacious shower, a make-up mirror and a hairdryer. They furthermore feature a safety deposit box and a mini-bar.A ski and bicycle storage room is available. Cross-country ski runs start outside, and a tennis court is 1,000 feet away. The Gemeindealpe Cable Car can be reached in a 7-minute drive.Public parking places are located within 50 to 1,000 feet.
- Our room offered separate bathroom and toilet, that was great.
- Centrally located, Village center village centre, restaurants, pilgrimage church, mountain railway and other sights within walking distance. Railway, bus station and museum tramway about 10 minutes on foot. Possibility of free baggage storage on the day of departure.
- Great central location !Excellent breakfast !Very clean ! You are asked to not wear shoes inside your room, which has carpeted floors.Lovely, comfortable room and large bathroom !Staff was very friendly !Well organized during COVID19 times !
- Recently refurbished comfortable hotel. Great pillows!
- Very near to cable car. in city center, but calm place.
AKTIVHOTEL Weisser Hirsch
Only 350 feet from the Mariazell Basilica, the AKTIVHOTEL Weisser Hirsch can be found right in the center of the town. It features a restaurant serving Austrian and international cuisine and a cozy café.A spa area with a spring-water indoor pool and a sun terrace is featured on site. A sauna, a steam bath and a Kneipp basin can be used by guests staying at the Aktivhotel free of charge. Infrared cabin facilities and massages treatments are available for a charge, and on request.All rooms have cable TV and a private bathroom with a hairdryer. Bathrobes can be provided for a charge. WiFi is available in the public areas of the hotel free of charge.A buffet breakfast is offered every morning and half board is available as well. You can also spend some relaxing time in the bar while enjoying drinks. Free outdoor parking is available (subject to availability) and covered parking is possible at a surcharge.The Bürgeralpe ski elevators are very close to Aktivhotel Weisser Hirsch and the Gemeindealpe Ski Area is 2.5 mi away. The ski bus stops just 1,000 feet away.
No reviews yet.
One of our best sellers in Mariazell! Located in Mariazell, Stadthaus Mariazell has free WiFi and mountain views, a 4-minute walk from Basilika Mariazell.The units come with hardwood floors and feature a fully equipped kitchen with a fridge, a dining area, a TV with satellite channels, and a private bathroom with shower and a hairdryer. Some units feature a seating area and/or a terrace.
- Location the bestPrivacy goodThe owner very nice we checked in early
- Larger than expected, more than enough for two families of 3/4. Great location!
- Beautiful property, much larger than expected. Baby bed provided at no charge.
- Perfect location near Basilika. Quite street with parking in front of the house or at property. Nice design and retro style. Clean. Romantic. Perfect WiFi.
- The location of the apartment was great, very close to everything. It was clean and the host was very kind. We enjoyed the stay very much!
Featuring free WiFi and a sun terrace, Frühstückspension Seeberghof offers accommodations in Seewiesen. Free private parking is available on site.Every room includes a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. Certain units have views of the mountain or garden. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You can engage in various activities, such as skiing and hiking. Semmering is 26 mi from Seeberghof Frühstückspension, while Mariazell is 11 mi from the property.The nearest airport is Graz Airport, 43 mi from Frühstückspension Seeberghof.
- The owner is very kind and helpful. The breakfasts and dinners were very miscellaneous and delicious. The locality is very good for a trips to Hochswab. Mimi is very good guide for first introducing with the countryside.
- Everything was super, great location and super host. Dog friendly, highly recommended.
- Magnificient place with mountain view. Very calm. We were staying only one night on the way to Croatia but will come back to spend few days there definetely someday. The host is incredible. My gf had birthday and our host prepared lovely and delicious breakfast with piece of cake with small candle. She even organized small napkin with happy birthday sign on it. And wonderful doggie is there
- Everything was as expected. The dog was very friendly
- Kindness of the dog, Mimmi and her owner, Regina View from the hotel
JUFA Hotel Veitsch
Located in Veitsch in Upper Styria, JUFA Hotel Veitsch is directly connected to a public indoor pool offering free admission for hotel guests. Here you will find a big water slide, a sauna and spa area with 4 saunas, a baby pool, and a sun bed.The rooms are very spacious and equipped with all modern amenities.The rich breakfast buffet consists of many homemade and organic products. Lunch and dinner are served buffet-style. Salad buffets and food suitable for children are available every day.Te JUFA Veitsch features a café with WiFi access, dining rooms, seminar rooms, table tennis and billiards tables, a children’s play room, a lockable bicycle shelter, a bicycle rental (also for BMX bikes, with helmet), and a children’s playground.Additional leisure options include a brook for children to play in, a beach volleyball court, football and tennis courts, a BMX trail, and a fun court for inline skating. A nice sunbathing lawn is available for relaxation.There are many hiking and mountain bike trails, as well as riding stables, nearby. Ballooning, paragliding and carriage rides are also available.The pilgrimage route to Mariazell leads right past the JUFA Veitsch. The world’s largest walk-in wooden cross can be seen from the hotel.
- Veitsch is an amazing gem in Austria and the Hotel is super good. For families its a fun getaway especialy for the kids. They have so many things to do indoor / outdoor pools, spa, tennis court, basketball court, table tennis,movie nights for kids , indoor / outdoor playground area. The rooms are clean , the beds are comfy .The food was tasty , for breakfast and dinner as well. The staff are very nice and kind!
- incredible choice of activities for children indoor pool, outdoor pool, outdoor playground, indoor playhouse. Everything is created for children to have fun, so that parents can get some rest as well.
- The bed was comfortable and the internet fast. The hotel has access to the towns indoor swimming pool and has nice views to the nature.A perfect option for families with small children.
- The wellness was wonderfull and huge.Breakfast great, huge selection.Even tough we were just a few friends we saw the place is well suited for families
- Excellent and accomodating staff and we really enjoyed our stay. Great Indoor pool with slides.
Located in the Hochschwab area, Seewiesen’s Alpengasthof Schuster has an in-house bowling alley, children’s playground, à la carte restaurant that serves Austrian cuisine made from local products and a large outdoor dining terrace. Home-made desserts and coffee are offered throughout the day.Rooms at the Schuster have WiFi, satellite TV and a bathroom with a shower and toilet. Some units have a balcony with mountain views.The property offers free parking, and the popular marked hiking route Bründlweg passes by the Alpengasthof.A golf course, St. Laurenzen, Mariazell, and the Kapfenberg Mountain are all within 19 mi, and guests can go rafting on the river Salza, a 45-minute drive away.Guests who book a stay of 3 nights or longer between 23 October and 26 October 2016 receive a 50 Euro voucher for meals in the restaurant (not valid for beverages).
- Beautiful locality with an amazing view! The service was very good, the breakfast for very diverse, with a lot of homemade things. The equipment of the hotel was old, but clean and comfortable.
- It was amazing. We spent our best time there, the view was extraordinary. The host was amazing, she was very nice to us and helped a lot. Thank you very much again!
- Sehr freundliche Gastgeber, wunderschne Lage, traditionelle Kche, aber es gibt eine Mglichkeit veganes Essen zu bekommen man muss nur rechtzeitig Bescheid geben.
- Das Zimmer hatte einen Traumausblick auf den Hochschwab. Das Frhstck und das Abendessen waren ausgezeichnet. Wir haben auch Jausenbrote zum Wandern zu einem sehr angemessenen Preis kaufen knnen. Wir wurden freundlich rundherum umsorgt.
- Wunderbarer Empfang in einem Haus in toller Lage. Nette Bedienung, gutes Essen.
Looking for: Best Hotels in Mürzsteg